– Ben Brantley, The New York Times
Barry McNabb’s choreography is pointed and vivid.
– Terry Teachout, The Wall Street Journal
this nightmarish staging does it full justice
– Frank Scheck, New York Post
And the final dance of the witchdoctor, choreographed by Barry McNabb, is the most affecting piece of dance I have seen in years.
– Amber Gallery, NY Theatre.com
With the use of choreography by Barry McNabb, the staging dramatizes the raging thoughts and feelings that add to the dynamic of O’Neill’s strange tale.
– William Wolf, Wolf Entertainment Guide
the production vividly creates the nightmare world of a man losing his grip on reality
– Jennifer Farrar, Associated Press
there are times when this production looks and feels like a ballet which would aptly be entitled Dance of Death or Dance Macabre.
– Elyse Sommer, CurtainUp.com
Choreographer Barry McNabb creates a stunningly hypnotic voodoo dance, performed with abandon by Sinclair Mitchell.
– David Sheward, Backstage
Especial credit must go also to Barry McNabb’s cunning choreography, which makes entrapment in equal measure horrific and picturesque.
– John Simon, Bloomberg.com
Helped by inventive choreography from Barry McNabb
– Mark Peikert, NY Press
photo by Sara Krulwich